Reporting to: CEO
Contract: Part-time position starting as soon as possible, but latest September 2017 (freelance or permanent)
Salary: £23 – 28k full time equivalent
Provenance is looking for an efficient executive assistant to support our operations. You’re proactive and comfortable working in a digital startup, eager and able to support our team. In the next few months, we’ll be hiring new staff and moving office, making this a brilliant opportunity for you to make the role your own.
Provenance empowers brands to increase trust, using revolutionary technologies for greater supply chain transparency. Our software lets brands bring the origin and histories of products to the point of sale. At Provenance, we envision a future where every great product comes with accessible, verifiable information about its history and creation, helping us all make positive choices about the things we buy.
We are committed to growing a diverse team with equal opportunities for all. A handful of us work remote from within the UK, and from other cities in Europe. The commercial team is a multi-disciplinary team working across sales, marketing, branding, business development and operations. The team is agile, working in sprints and in close collaboration with the rest of the company.
Overview of the Executive Assistant role:
We have just completed a seed round fundraise and are in need of an efficient assistant to help us with our next stage of growth. The purpose of this role is to support our team manager and CEO on the day-to-day running of all finance, HR and sales operational activities, working with an outsourced accountancy function. You’ll be working with all members of our friendly, smart team – the glue, helping the team be as efficient as possible.
If you’re eager to apply your financial acumen and organisational abilities in a friendly fast-paced environment, while contributing to building a business with a social mission, Provenance might just be the place for you.
Provenance day-to-day finances, including:
- Assisting our team manager with end of month finances, including processing expenses, contractor and staff payments and Xero reconciliations
- Issue and process sales invoices to ensure punctual payments from our clients
Support our team manager to achieve team happiness:
- Support our team manager by processing and maintaining employment contracts and files
- Support recruitment process, including posting job adverts, setting up interviews and gathering feedback
- Assist with internal and external event planning and management from team lunches to investor workshops and events
Ensure smooth running of Provenance operations, including:
- Managing incoming contacts and leads, from small food brands to large sustainability certifiers, including sales, HR, press and research requests
- Organise bookings, orders and office logistics
Who we’re looking for:
- At least 2 years of office executive assistant experience in a similar startup or small business environment
- Demonstrable experience with Xero
- Excellent numerical accuracy and attention to detail, with budget management experience
- Demonstrable experience supporting HR processes and company operations
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working both autonomously and as part of a busy team
- Someone financially astute, self-motivated, organised and able to meet tight deadlines
- Someone passionate about working with a business with a strong social mission and looking for a positive purpose in the company they work for
- Work in a fast-moving, startup environment with a friendly, motivated team
- Exciting clients and a strong mission for social good
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working options (both location and times)
- Team workshops and social events
- Training and development opportunities
How to apply:
Please tell us why you’d like to work at Provenance and share examples of your work. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Executive Assistant
Equal opportunities: Provenance is dedicated to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.