Location: Provenance HQ, Kings Cross
Reporting to: CEO
Contract: Full-time position starting March 2018.
Equal opportunities: Provenance is dedicated to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Provenance empowers brands to increase trust, using revolutionary technologies for greater supply chain transparency. Our software lets businesses bring the origin and histories of products to the point of sale, with a mission to help us all make positive choices about what to buy.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an experienced Chief Operating Officer (COO) to oversee and work hands on to implement our organization’s operations and procedures. You will be on the company’s leadership team and responsible for the efficiency of business.
The COO role is a key member of the senior management team, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). You’ll have to maintain control of diverse business operations, so we expect you to be an experienced and efficient leader. If you also have excellent people skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethics, we’d like to meet you!
If you’re eager to apply your finance & operations prowess in a fun, fast-paced environment, and contribute to building a business with a social mission, Provenance could be the place for you.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Working alongside the senior management team (CEO, CTO) and Board to design strategy, and set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Implementing business strategies, plans and procedures
- Establishing policies that promote the company culture and vision
- Overseeing project operations, ensuring appropriate staffing and successful delivery, including management of team sprints
- Working closely with CFO to ensure project budgets are set appropriately to achieve commercial goals
- Leading employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Actively engaging on select projects as a Project Manager
- Evaluating performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Assisting the CEO in fundraising ventures
- Building and managing relationships with strategic partners
- Working with the Business Development Manager and CEO to design and issue regular reporting including financials and other key metrics for investors / Board / management
- Managing relationships with our accountants and lawyers
Skills and requirements we are looking for:
- Proven experience as Chief Operating Office or a similar relevant role
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, marketing etc.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Experience in fundraising for a Series A (or beyond) startup will be a plus
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure for a software business (preferably B2B software-as-as-service)
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus
- An individual who works well both autonomously and as part of a team
- An understanding of the long-term and day-to-day goals of a tech startup
- Opportunities for global travel if desired
- Working directly with businesses and organisations trying to make global supply chains fairer and more sustainable. Social impact is core to the business.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working options (both location and times)
- Team workshops and regular social events
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee share option program (meaning you get to own some of the company)
We are committed to growing a diverse team with equal opportunities for all. A handful of us work remotely from within the UK, and from other cities in Europe.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV with a cover letter (including a small paragraph on why you would like to work at Provenance) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Chief Operating Officer’
Further information about Provenance:
Provenance is a social enterprise. At Provenance, we envision a future where every great product comes with accessible, verifiable information about its history and creation, helping us all make positive choices about the things we buy. We exist to empower brands to increase trust in the origin, journey and impact of their products, using revolutionary technologies for greater supply chain transparency. Our software lets brands bring the origin, histories and impact of products to the point of sale.
Provenance empowers great businesses – mainly in the food and drinks industry (but also across fashion and furniture), to increase trust and transparency in their supply chains. Our software platform enables businesses to bring the origin and histories of things to the point of sale. Proving the authenticity and impact of products through a “digital product passport”.
Examples of what we do: