Location: Provenance HQ, Kings Cross
Reporting to: CEO
Contract: Full-time position starting as soon as possible
Equal opportunities: Provenance is dedicated to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Provenance empowers great brands to increase trust in their products, using revolutionary technologies for greater supply chain transparency. Our software lets businesses bring the origin, journey and impact of products to the point of sale, with a social mission to help us all make positive choices about what to buy.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an experienced Chief Operating Officer (COO) to lead and work hands-on to design and implement our organization’s financial controls, operations and process. You will be on the company’s leadership team and responsible for the efficiency of business and financial success.
The COO role is a key member of the senior management team, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). You’ll have to maintain control of diverse business operations, so we expect you to be an experienced and efficient leader. If you also have excellent people skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethics, we’d like to meet you!
Come and apply your finance & operations prowess in a fun, fast-paced environment, and contribute to building a business with a social mission!
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Working alongside the senior management team and Board to design strategy, and set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Implementing business strategies, plans and procedures
- Establishing policies that promote the company culture and vision
- Overseeing project operations, ensuring appropriate staffing and successful delivery, including management of team sprints
- Ensure project budgets are set appropriately to achieve commercial goals
- Leading employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Actively engaging on select projects working with our Senior Project Manager
- Evaluating performance by analysing and interpreting data and metrics
- Working closely with the CEO on our fundraising
- Building and managing relationships with strategic partners
- Working with the Business Development Manager and CEO to design and issue regular reporting including financials and other key metrics for investors / board / management
- Managing relationships with our accountants and lawyers
Skills and requirements we are looking for:
- Proven experience as Chief Operating Office or a similar relevant role (e.g. MD, CFO)
- Have managed a P&L for a department or entire business successfully
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, finance, marketing etc.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning for a business
- Experience in fundraising for a Series A or B stage startup will be a big plus
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure for a software business (preferably B2B software-as-as-service)
- Outstanding organisational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field or MBA is a plus
- An individual who works well both autonomously and as part of a team
- An understanding of the long-term and day-to-day goals of a tech startup
- Working directly with businesses and organisations trying to make global supply chains fairer and more sustainable. Social impact is core to the business.
- Competitive salary
- Opportunities for global travel if desired
- Flexible working options (both location and times)
- Team workshops and regular social events
- Training and development opportunities
- Working with cutting edge technologies – part of building the future 🙂
- Employee share option program (meaning you get to own some of the company)
We are committed to growing a diverse team with equal opportunities for all. A handful of us work remotely from within the UK, and from other cities in Europe.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV with a cover letter (including a small paragraph on why you would like to work at Provenance) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Chief Operating Officer’