Location: Kings Cross, London
Reporting to: CTO
Contract: Full time
Equal opportunities: Provenance is dedicated to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Benefits: Salary dependant on experience, flexible working hours and location, and share options (so you can own some of the company too!)
Provenance empowers brands to increase trust, using revolutionary technologies for greater supply chain transparency. Our software lets businesses bring the origin and histories of products to the point of sale, with a mission to help us all make positive choices about what to buy.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer with experience in designing and building software systems to join our Product team. You will play a key role in the creation of high-quality applications and technical solutions and will be given the opportunity to lead and contribute to tech decisions, design, development and architecture.
This is a brilliant opportunity for a passionate, collaborative individual to join a startup in London, where you’ll contribute to building the future of brand trust.
Your role will include:
- Working with the product team to develop an in-depth knowledge of the existing systems and taking an active role in developing our technology to support the growth and ambition of the business
- Working with researchers and business analysts across a range of projects with global businesses and organisations to design ways that Provenance technology can enable transparency in global supply chains
- Taking an active part in – and occasionally facilitating – workshops with customers, partners, often as part of a sales process.
- Creating simple prototypes to test and communicate ideas both internally and with client and partner organisations
- Working with the CTO and technical team to maintain a strategy and roadmap for the technical aspects of the business, in particular developing our pragmatic approach to the role that distributed technologies play in our evolving platform
- Keeping an active eye on the fast-developing ecosystem of approaches, tools and frameworks that can help us solve challenges around identity, privacy and scalability
- Working as part of the product team to develop user-focused enhancements to our platform
- Experience designing and architecting scalable, web-based systems that solve real business problems
- Good understanding of the various architectures and components of modern, scalable web application stacks
- Experience in building blockchain-based systems is a plus (familiarity with Ethereum is advantageous)
- Great communication skills: you will need to communicate complex technical concepts and solutions to team mates, customers and our wider engaged community of organisations and individuals
- Ability to pick up new ideas, concepts and technologies quickly
- Solid experience working in lean, iterative ways to create software from the ground up
- Experience working in supply chain businesses would be useful, but not essential
- Opportunities for global travel
- Working directly with businesses and organisations trying to make global supply chains fairer and more sustainable
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working options (both location and times)
- Team workshops and regular social events
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee share option programme
- Belief in the potential for technology to help solve systemic problems
- Belief in the opportunities for public blockchains to be a force for good
- Pragmatic approach to introducing open, distributed technology as a part of an established, growing technology business
- Lean, test-driven approach to solving problems
- Open to new or unfamiliar technologies
- Active interest in technological developments
Further information about Provenance:
Provenance is a social enterprise. At Provenance, we envision a future where every great product comes with accessible, verifiable information about its history and creation, helping us all make positive choices about the things we buy. We exist to empower brands to increase trust in the origin, journey and impact of their products, using revolutionary technologies for greater supply chain transparency. Our software lets brands bring the origin, histories and impact of products to the point of sale.
Provenance empowers great businesses – mainly in the food and drinks industry (but also across fashion and furniture), to increase trust and transparency in their supply chains. Our software platform enables businesses to bring the origin and histories of things to the point of sale. Proving the authenticity and impact of products through a “digital product passport”.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Software Engineer”