Reporting to: CEO and CTO
Contract: Full-time position starting as soon as possible, but latest September 2017
Salary: £42k p/a negotiable, dependent on experience
Provenance is looking for an enthusiastic and super efficient agile delivery manager. You’re proactive and comfortable working in a digital startup, eager and able to support our team. This is a great time to join us as there are exciting projects in the pipeline for the successful delivery manager to oversee and coordinate.
Provenance empowers brands to increase trust, using revolutionary technologies for greater supply chain transparency. Our software lets brands bring the origin and histories of products to the point of sale. At Provenance, we envision a future where every great product comes with accessible, verifiable information about its history and creation, helping us all make positive choices about the things we buy.
We are committed to growing a diverse team with equal opportunities for all. A handful of us work remote from within the UK, and from other cities in Europe. The commercial team is a multi-disciplinary team working across sales, marketing, branding, business development and operations. The product team is a multi-disciplinary team of designers and developers. The whole team is agile and works in sprints.
Overview of the Delivery Manager role:
We are looking for an experienced delivery manager who will be the scrum master for the team, ensuring the commercial and product team work in sync. You’ll also have a fantastic opportunity to project manage some larger projects in the pipeline. It’s a great opportunity to shape the way the team works and make our processes more efficient, while working alongside all members of our friendly team – the glue, helping the team be as efficient as possible.
If you’re eager to apply your project management and organisational abilities in a friendly fast-paced environment, while contributing to building a business with a social mission, Provenance might just be the place for you.
Team management is central to your role:
- Planning sprints with senior managers and creating a workflow structure for commercial, operations and product teams
- Run daily stand-ups and assist with clearing any blockages the team may have
- Manage team sprints by reviewing and prioritising daily work schedules and ensuring the team have everything they need to complete their work on time ensuring team stay on top of work
- Organise and run sprint retrospectives, ensuring key improvements are implemented into future sprints
- Actively encourage knowledge sharing within the team
- Manage larger projects from start to finish, incl. setting project deadlines, milestones, key deliverables
- Be main point of contact for clients and stakeholders and deliver regular project updates
- Ensure the right talent is appointed to each project and agile teams are efficient
- Keep track of project budgets and team timesheet
- Make sure Trello boards and other administrative tools are kept up to date
Who we’re looking for:
- At least 3 years experience with proven track record managing the agile delivery of successful software projects, ideally in a similar startup or small business environment
- Experience of managing cross-functional delivery teams
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have a keen interest in new technologies
- Someone with the ability to self-manage and prioritise workloads, with a keen ability to foresee and pre-empt issues.
- Someone passionate about working with a business with a strong social mission and looking for a positive purpose in the company they work for
- Work in a fast-moving, startup environment with a friendly, motivated team
- Exciting clients and a strong mission for social good
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working options (both location and times)
- Team workshops and social events
- Training and development opportunities
How to apply:
- A short introduction explaining why you would like the job
- Some examples of software projects you’ve delivered in the past
- Any examples of digital products you currently like or admire
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Delivery Manager
Equal opportunities: Provenance is dedicated to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.