We’re looking for an enthusiastic Business Development Executive to join our team to help expand our SME user base, with an initial focus on retailers, food brands and ingredient suppliers – helping them to provide increased transparency about the origin, journey and impact of their products to their customers.
This is a brilliant opportunity for someone in the early stages of their sales career to join a rapidly growing tech startup, working with some of the most innovative technologies out there.
We are committed to growing a diverse team with equal opportunities for all. A handful of us work remotely from within the UK, and from other cities in Europe.
Provenance empowers brands to increase trust, using revolutionary technologies for greater supply chain transparency. Our software enables businesses to bring the origin, journey and social and environmental impact of products to the point of sale. At Provenance, we envision a future where every great product comes with accessible, verifiable information about the people, places and materials behind its creation, helping us all make positive choices about the things we buy. More on our mission here.
As a Business Development Executive, your role will include:
- Sourcing leads through research, profiling potential customers to evaluate fit with our target demographic.
- Engaging self-sourced leads through a mix of cold calling and emailing, as well as engaging with inbound leads generated through our marketing channels.
- Following a sales process established by the Business Development Manager.
- Gathering requirements from potential customers, presenting Provenance as a solution and passing qualified deals to to Business Development Manager.
- Manage and maintain a sales pipeline to ensure regular deal flow.
- Communicate feedback from sales conversations to the Management and Product teams to aid strategic and tactical decision-making.
- Assisting potential customers to create an account and demonstrate Provenance software via webex.
- Opportunity for growth into quota-carrying Business Development Manager role.
- 2 years experience in a B2B sales role, ideally in SaaS or technology sales.
- A track record for exceeding targets either as an individual or as part of a team, working in a fast paced sales environment.
- You’ll be happy self-sourcing your own leads through research and cold calling / emailing to establish contact with potential customers.
- Experience managing a sales pipeline is vital.
- You must be confident managing the end-to-end sales cycle.
- You’ll need to be commercially minded and able to quickly build rapport and maintain relationships with business customers.
- An interest in new technology, particularly blockchain, is essential.
- Working directly with businesses and organisations trying to make global supply chains fairer and more sustainable. Social impact is core to the business.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working options (both location and times)
- 25 days holiday per year (excluding Bank holidays)
- Team workshops and regular social events
- Training and development opportunities
- Working with cutting edge technologies be part of “building the future”
- Employee share option program (meaning you get to own some of the company)
If you think your profile could be a good fit, apply via Workable here
Please note: Applications without a Cover Letter will be automatically disqualified.