Join Provenance as a Head of Growth & Partnerships!
An exciting and rare opportunity to join a rapidly growing B2B2C SaaS startup creating systemic change in the world. Provenance is enabling transparency on the social and environmental impact of consumer products, and we’re looking for a mission-aligned, forward-thinking and proactive Head of Growth & Partnerships to lead our sales team, grow our client base and engage partners to accelerate our growth.
We are scaling the business from hundreds of brand and retail customers - to thousands! This means Provenance will be served up to millions of shoppers who want to shop in line with their values. Managing our Growth Team (including 1 Business Development Manager, 2 Business Development Executives) and reporting directly to our Managing Director, you’ll be mentoring and supporting the team to deliver on sales targets, in addition to growing a portfolio of brands, retailers and strategic partners.
What you'll be doing
- Leadership and ownership of new business growth and partnerships across the business
- Setting and delivering on new business revenue targets, working with MD and CFO
- Hiring, managing and developing a high performing sales team that will deliver on ambitious, motivating revenue goals
- Collaborating successfully with other teams and senior management across the business
- Building a culture of accountability and high performance
- Executing on our commercial and GTM strategy with a near-term focus on driving MRR growth with retailers and brands in health and beauty
- Implementing innovative & scaleable sales strategies and devising incentives to drive rapid adoption
- Growing a global portfolio of brands, retailers and strategic partners, exploiting network effects where possible
- Working, in particular, alongside our Head of Marketing to create joined-up sales & marketing strategies that help us capture, nurture & close quality leads
- Managing the sales pipeline to inform conversion rates, sales cycle times and revenue forecasting
- Identifying, creating and establishing exciting commercial partnerships that will drive growth; for example, with suitable channel partners, impact verification partners, supply chain data, technology and FMCG industry partners
- Turning these into long-term strategic relationships that drive referrals and help us move faster
- Strategically pursue relevant commercial opportunities that these partnerships will open up
- Develop and test creative approaches to growing revenue through partnerships
What you will need:
- Proven B2B SaaS sales and sales leadership experience
- Are working/have worked within Seed to Series A-C start-up/scale-up organisations
- Demonstrated management skills, having hired and/or managed sales/business development teams of at least 3 or more team members
- International sales experience, having sold in major markets outside of the UK (particularly in North America)
- Recent experience in establishing commercial partnerships to accelerate growth
An added bonus (but not essential):
- B2B2C sales experience
- Qualified sales training experience, covering methodologies such as SPIN, MEDDIC and Challenger
- Experience with CRMs & other sales efficiency tools, ideally with Hubspot, to automate sales processes
- Prior experience selling services into e-commerce (retailers & brands)
We're looking for someone who is:
- Passionate about sustainability, social impact issues and “tech for good” and has a desire to have a purposeful day job doing good for people and the planet
- Adaptable - being able to quickly switch between different selling styles depending on the customer profile
- Able to influence and has good interpersonal skills
- Commercially astute, self-motivated, organised and able to meet tight deadlines
- Creative and proactive approach to carving out new growth areas
- Comfortable working in a team and as an individual
- Motivated - and has demonstrable business acumen with evidence of having met or exceeded ambitious sales targets
Salary range: £65k - £85k base salary depending on experience (OTE £105k - £125k)
Why work at Provenance?
A career at Provenance is an opportunity to help tackle some of our greatest global challenges every day.
Provenance powers sustainability claims you can trust. As the global leader in sustainability marketing technology, we help brands and retailers share credible, compelling and fact-checked social and environmental impact information at the point of sale. Provenance’s technology is already increasing conversion rates, brand value and market share for customers including Cult Beauty, Douglas, GANNI, Napolina, Arla and Unilever. Our vision is a world where citizens can make informed buying decisions that positively impact both people and planet.
We’re a small, open and creative team with expertise in marketing, sustainability and technology and a shared goal to drive positive change for people and the planet. We pride ourselves on operating with integrity and making saving the world through system change fun! We really value and do our best to support our fantastic team. We offer:
- Employee share option program (so you can own a share of the company!)
- Workplace pension
- Flexible working options (both location and times): We are a hybrid team, with an office in Kings Cross, London and team members based across the UK. We are well set up for collaborative remote working as well as fun and productive quarterly in-office team days.
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and a full day off on your birthday
- 2 x days Slow Travel allowance - to encourage and reward our team for using alternative methods of transport for their holidays which are lower in emissions than flying!
- Individual wellbeing allowance to support your mental and physical health
- Generous parental leave policy for both primary and secondary care-givers
- Learning and development budget to support your career growth (e.g. courses, conferences, workshops)
- Team workshops, demos and regular social events
- You will love what you do – waking up every day solving one of the biggest social problems of our generation
- Committed team members with broad experience who share a common passion to build a world class business
We are proudly Certified B-Corp and an Escape the City Top 100 winner. Read more on our mission here.
We believe in equal opportunities
It takes a diverse and inclusive community of passionate, talented and committed people to build a system to enable commerce to be a force for good. We’re an equal opportunity employer, so we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, with different outlooks and experiences.
To apply please submit your CV and Cover Letter. We look forward to hearing from you!