Provenance is looking for an energetic and forward thinking Business Development Manager to engage key decision makers within target companies to pitch Provenance’s proposition and generate new business sales. We’re looking for someone who feels confident identifying, evaluating and winning sales opportunities. This will include all aspects of our sales process from researching prospects, building sales decks, writing proposals and pitching to close.
This a great opportunity to join a growing social impact orientated tech startup and work on projects that are solving important problems directly affecting people and our planet.
The right candidate will be proactive and comfortable working in a digital startup environment.
Provenance empowers brands to increase trust, using revolutionary technologies for greater supply chain transparency. Our software enables businesses to bring the origin, journey and social and environmental impact of products to the point of sale. At Provenance, we envision a future where every great product comes with accessible, verifiable information about the people, places and materials behind its creation, helping us all make positive choices about the things we buy. More on our mission here.
Responsibilities of the Business Development Manager role:
- Exceeding the sales plan by identifying, qualifying, negotiating and closing new business sales opportunities; pitching Provenance to small, medium and enterprise size clients on the phone and in person
- Being the key point of contact for commercial leads
- Identifying best-fit products and services for sale into different prospect types and business sizes
- Negotiating contract terms and fees with prospects and clients
- Managing the sales pipeline efficiently and accurately to inform forecasting activities
- Working with the CEO to define and deliver the sales strategy for the business, delivering an effective growth plan
- Continue to help define and validate Provenance’s pricing strategy
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales quotas
- At least 3 years of B2B sales experience in a startup or small business environment
- Experience selling software or a tech product a must, ideally with a background in Software/SaaS and consulting
- Consultative approach to sales engagements with credibility in C-level meetings
- Adaptability is key – being able to quickly switch between different selling styles and different products depending on the customer persons (e.g. enterprise v. SME)
- Excellent interpersonal and strong influencing skills
- Comfortable working both autonomously and as part of a busy team
- Commercially astute, self-motivated, organised and able to meet tight deadlines
- Someone passionate about empowering brands and retailers to be more transparent with new technology!
- Knowledge and experience in the food and drinks industry in the UK is a plus
- Grow a business that is improving the lives of people and the planet
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working options (both location and times)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, plus a half day off on your birthday
- Opportunities for global travel
- Team workshops and regular social events
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee share option program (so you can own a piece of the company!)
We are committed to growing a diverse team with equal opportunities for all. A handful of us work remotely from within the UK, and from other cities in Europe.
Submit your application via Workable here