Location: Kings Cross, London
Reporting to: Head of Projects
Contract: Full time
Equal opportunities: Provenance is dedicated to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Benefits: Salary dependant on experience, flexible working hours and location, and share options (so you can own some of the company too!)
Provenance is looking for an inquisitive and strategically focussed Commercial Analyst to work on our projects and assist with workshops, all of which have a focus on making supply chains more transparent using our Software- as-a-Service product.
This role is well suited for someone with 1-3 years experience, but your communication skills must be second-to-none. Inspiring trust and instilling confidence in your team is vital to the role. You’ll think logically and creatively – combining an analytical mindset with an inquisitive outlook.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing social impact orientated tech startup and work on projects that are solving important problems directly affecting people and our planet.
You will have direct exposure to some of the most interesting projects in supply chain transparency with the opportunity to develop your skills by learning directly from Project Leads, a Product and Service Designer and Systems Architect.
We are committed to growing a diverse team with equal opportunities for all. A handful of us work remotely from within the UK, and from other cities in Europe.
Provenance empowers brands to increase trust, using revolutionary technologies for greater supply chain transparency. Our software enables businesses to bring the origin, journey and social and environmental impact of products to the point of sale. At Provenance, we envision a future where every great product comes with accessible, verifiable information about the people, places and materials behind its creation, helping us all make positive choices about the things we buy. More on our mission here.
The Commercial Analyst Role includes:
- As part of a 2-3 person project team you will be involved researching various aspects of the transparency landscape & new market innovations
- Working alongside clients to document their supply chains, understand their customers needs and create solutions
- Supporting the development of commercial approaches & analysis for our products
- Writing up research and project reports
- Conducting research into transparency, supply chains, certifications and sustainability measurement – to advance the business’ expertise in these areas
- Supporting Project Lead/Project Manager with project timelines, ensuring timely completion of work in line with project deadline and agreed schedule- Identifying & escalating as appropriate, issues & instances where an agreed target or deadline is at risk or will not be met
- Assisting the Project Lead/Project Manager with proposals
- Supporting Project Lead/Project Manager with account management – building long-term relationships with corporate clients and NGOs
- Supporting Project Lead/Project Manager with client relationship management – Ensuring that all Stakeholders have a common understanding of what is being delivered
Skills we are looking for:
- 1-3 years of Commercial Analyst work experience, consulting or similar experience
- Strong analytical ability
- Self-sufficiency in identifying and understanding business requirement/issues
- Clear, developed and structured thinking
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to build relationships
- Good decision making skills within fast-paced environments
- Being a natural problem solver, with the ability to analyse and prioritise
- A basic understanding of blockchain is a plus
- Experience working in supply chains is a plus
- Passionate about future facing technologies
- Keen to have a day job that’s creating positive impact on people and planet
- Belief in the potential for technology to help solve systemic problems
- Ambitious, with a drive to succeed
- Be geographically flexible to support our clients
- Highly innovative projects
- Working directly with businesses and organisations trying to make global supply chains fairer and more sustainable
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working options (both location and times)
- Opportunities for global travel
- Team workshops and regular social events
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee share option program (so you can own a piece of the company!)
Submit your application via Workable here