Location: Kings Cross, London
Reporting to: CEO and CTO
Equal opportunities: Provenance is dedicated to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Benefits: Salary dependant on experience, flexible working hours and location, and share options (so you can own some of the company too!)
Join Provenance to lead our community of amazing food and consumer goods businesses, sustainability organisations and conscious citizens!
Are you interested in how products are created – from food to furniture? Do you love meeting great businesses? Care about sustainability? Passionate about buying more ethically? And want to see the impact of our choices be transparent? Come and join Provenance as our community manager!
We’re looking for a friendly self-starter, who loves meeting new people and building communities. You will be responsible for helping our clients understand and use our tools, answering emails, organising events and meetings, research, moderating content, writing blog posts and maintaining our social media accounts.
Provenance is a technology startup with a social mission – we exist to empower the great businesses of the world with the digital tools to be transparent. We believe the best businesses need not make up their marketing and product stories, but should share and prove the real journey and impact behind their products with their customers. We build the best software to do just that.
- Meeting great businesses that are or could be part of the Provenance community
- Be a product champion, helping all users to benefit from the Provenance platform, including conducting on-boarding calls and informing about new product features
- Document issues, challenges and needs so that the team can understand the needs of our customer base
- Be the voice of the user within the team to ensure product hypotheses, experiments and developments are in line with user needs
- Work with colleagues to scope, design and carry out research activities with businesses – from existing users to new contacts – to develop a deep understanding of their issues, challenges and needs
- Work with colleagues to scope, design and carry out research activities with shoppers to learn how Provenance can provide them with relevant information in a usable format
- Build visibility and credibility of the Provenance brand across all channels and in person with brand advocates & the wider community
- Help organise and lead our quarterly events with users: Businesses, certifiers, conscious shoppers
- Promote our user base through newsletters, social media and the press
- Keep on top of the latest relevant industry news and ensure we are in the story
- Lover of great sustainable products and businesses, and support a future of sustainable commerce
- Must have excellent written and spoken english
- People person – must love meeting and chatting with new people in person and on the phone
- Keen social media user
- Have established a community and have grown the community utilising social strategy
- Be creative, experimental and innovative in your approach with users, social media and hosting events
- Patient – you will sometimes be helping non-technical people use our technology
- Inquizitive – must love finding the stories behind products and hearing the stories of how great businesses get started
- A team player who is eager to help – we are a small startup and all wear multiple hats
- Self starter – you’ll be planning your own week and setting your own goals, this isn’t a job for someone that likes working in a hierarchical workplace with top down instructions.
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with the CEO in a small business and understand the basics of running a business
- Good design, photography or video editing skills
- Experience using: Slack, Keynote, Intercom, Mixpanel, Google apps, Trello, CRM systems and a CMS
- Competitive salary
Potential to gain equity (so you can own some of the company too!)
- Fun coworking space in Kings Cross
- Fun, small team – flat hierarchy and opportunity to lead projects and take on more responsibility as we grow
- First-hand experience of startup life with exposure to everything from fundraising to coding
- Flexible hours and can work from home/remote
To apply, email us a copy of your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Community Manager’.