Provenance empowers brands to increase trust, using revolutionary technologies for greater supply chain transparency. Our SaaS software enables businesses to bring the origin, journey and social and environmental impact of products to the point of sale. At Provenance, we envision a future where every great product comes with accessible, verifiable information about the people, places and materials behind its creation, helping us all make positive choices about the things we buy.
Our company culture reflects our values: we are incredibly passionate about sustainability and building the future of transparency in product supply chains and therefore believe in transparency, creativity and striving for a positive impact for people and planet in everything we do. Our people thrive in a collaborative startup environment and all share a ‘problem solver’ attitude.
We are looking for a Head of Engineering to lead our engineering team to drive our business forward during an exciting period of growth. Based in London but with global customers, you will lead a multi-disciplined team using exciting technologies to develop our platform and deliver on our product roadmap. Working closely with the founder and product team, you will nurture and grow the existing team, attracting top talent and building a first-class engineering culture.
- Working closely with leadership team to define technical and product roadmaps and ensure timely delivery of high-quality, secure software.
- Driving technical innovation, processes and best practices required to deliver the platform at scale.
- Working with leadership to help define the overall technology strategy for Provenance, leading the architecture and delivery of our product on a global scale.
- Inspiring, managing and growing a world-class engineering team, building a culture of trust, continuous improvement and collaboration.
- Maintaining a thorough understanding of a variety of emerging technologies and methodologies and how they might drive our growth.
- 5+ years experience of building and managing engineering teams
- Ability to drive productive digital development through a period of rapid growth
- Built and shipped software products or protocols with at least two demonstrable production launches under your belt
- Experience of working in a B2B SaaS and/or Blockchain startup at Series A stage preferred.
- Active participation in a team’s career development, having managed engineers’ performance with appropriate mentorship and coaching.
- Detailed understanding of software development methodologies and processes including Agile and Kanban.
- Ability to work with product teams in defining tasks and creating roadmaps.
- Ability to translate customer insights and commercial strategy into technical requirements
- Strong and inspiring communication style, as you liaise with both technical and business stakeholders.
- Ability to use performance management and objective setting (OKR) amongst technical teams
It’s a bonus if you have:
- Experience building blockchain-based systems, especially with Ethereum.
- Experience working in supply chain businesses would be useful.
- Passionate about future facing technologies
- Keen to have a day job that’s creating positive impact on people and planet
- Belief in the potential for technology to help solve systemic problems
- Ambitious, with a drive to succeed
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working options (both location and times)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, plus a half day off on your birthday
- Opportunities for global travel
- Team workshops and regular social events
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee share option program (so you can own a piece of the company!)
We are very proud of our diverse team, across the whole company (from the board to our interns) and strongly support equal opportunities for all. This a great opportunity to join a growing social impact orientated tech startup and work on projects that are solving important problems directly affecting people and our planet.
Submit your application via Workable here
Please direct any questions to email@example.com