Provenance empowers brands to increase trust, using revolutionary technologies for greater supply chain transparency. Our SaaS software enables businesses to bring the origin, journey and social and environmental impact of products to the point of sale. At Provenance, we envision a future where every great product comes with accessible, verifiable information about the people, places and materials behind its creation, helping us all make positive choices about the things we buy.
Our company culture reflects our values: we are incredibly passionate about sustainability and building the future of transparency in product supply chains and therefore believe in transparency, creativity and striving for a positive impact for people and planet in everything we do. Our people thrive in a collaborative startup environment and all share a ‘problem solver’ attitude.
We are looking for someone to contribute to blockchain development work at
Provenance: Researching Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) and Blockchain news, working with the Product and Projects teams to integrate their findings with the main Provenance application.
The Technical Analyst will be responsible for contributing to the Provenance blockchain strategy & roadmap – working closely with the CEO.
What we’re looking for
Provenance is an early pioneer of blockchain tech so some experience contributing to the architecture, design, and implementation of Blockchain systems is crucial. You don’t have to have tons of experience, but you need to have a good understanding of Blockchain and distributed ledger technology, and a thirst for building upon that knowledge. If, on top of that you have excellent organisation and problem-solving skills and are a pro at developing software using commercial acumen and agile methodologies – we’d love to hear from you!
Responsibilities of the Technical Analyst role include:
DLT and Blockchain research
- Researching current developments in the DLT and blockchain space
- Working with the CEO and Blockchain advisors to inform the technology roadmap
- Writing reports, blog posts and informing marketing material on relevant findings
- Representing Provenance at meetups and conferences, using Provenance’s Blockchain network to gather information
- Educating the team at monthly Demo on the latest Blockchain news
- Working with researchers and business analysts across a range of projects with global businesses and organisations to design ways that Provenance technology can enable transparency in global supply chains
- Working alongside project managers and solution architects to scope out and deliver new ways of developing the product.
- Taking an active part in – and occasionally facilitating– workshops with customers and business partners, often as part of a sales process.
- Contributing to Provenance’s blockchain strategy (including DLT adoption)
and technology roadmap
- High-level system design for DLT + supply chain solutions
- Modelling token economics
- System implementation
- Continuous testing, design and delivery of the Provenance smart contracts and supporting infrastructure
- An academic background in maths, physics, computing, business or economics would be beneficial
- Experience working successfully as a technical analyst/product analyst/business systems analyst in a complex and mission-critical tech environment solving real business problems
- Good understanding of the various architectures and components of modern, scalable web application stacks
- Ability to understand how engineering design requirements meet business requirements and ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements.
- Great communication skills: you will need to communicate complex technical concepts and solutions simply to teammates, customers and our wider engaged community of organisations and individuals
- Good at managing stakeholders (understanding requirements, providing timely updates on progress and explanations for any changes to the road-map, etc.) and able to effectively facilitate collaboration amongst various teams
- Ability to pick up new ideas, concepts and technologies quickly
- Analytical mindset
- Experience working in creative, iterative environments to build software from the ground up
- Experience working in a blockchain technology company would be advantageous
- Belief in the potential for technology to help solve systemic challenges
- Belief in the opportunities for public blockchains to be a force for good
- A pragmatic approach to introducing open, distributed technology as a part of an established, growing technology business
- Lean, test-driven approach to solving problems
- Open to new or unfamiliar technologies
- Active interest in technological developments
We are committed to growing a diverse team with equal opportunities for all. A handful of us work remotely from within the UK, and from other cities in Europe
Every day we work directly with businesses and organisations trying to make global supply chains fairer and more sustainable.
Our benefits package includes:
- 25 days’ holiday
- Opportunities for global travel
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working options (both location and times)
- Team workshops and regular social events
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee share option program
- Opportunity to test out some of the ethical F&B brands on our platform!
To apply: send your CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org