Provenance is using tech to power the transparency movement – helping brands bring their supply chain and impact behind products to shoppers that care, enabling a more conscious, fair, and low-impact consumption.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Product and Engineering team to help us build the leading B2B2C SaaS product in supply chain and impact transparency. You will work on engineering problems around usability, scalability and privacy, working with some of the world’s leading consumer goods brands and retailers. You will build and maintain a dynamic and extensible platform that helps enterprises connect, evidence and surface supply chain information to create delightful and informative shopper-facing experiences.
Working as a Software Engineer at Provenance you will:
- Build new features throughout the stack, with a focus on backend development and integrations with blockchain tech and other services
- Help to maintain existing features and support the wider team in achieving company goals
- Have a good understanding of the various architectures and components of modern, scalable web application stacks
- Communicate complex technical concepts and solutions to team mates, customers and our wider engaged community of organisations and individuals
- Take a lean, test-driven approach to solving problems
- Proactively look for ways to improve our processes, software quality and maintainability
- Learn new skills and technologies to improve your knowledge and ability to contribute to the team
You’re looking for a role that brings purpose to your day job. You believe in the potential for technology to help solve systemic challenges and enable positive change for people and planet. You have a strong track record of designing and building software systems using agile methodologies.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Experience designing and architecting scalable, web-based systems that solve real business problems
- Good understanding of the various architectures and components of modern, scalable web application stacks
- You will need to be able to communicate complex technical concepts and solutions to team-mates, and occasionally customers and our wider engaged community of organisations and individuals
- Ability to pick up new ideas, concepts and technologies quickly
- Experience working in lean, iterative ways to create software from the ground up
- Interest in future-facing technologies and desire to contribute to building a more sustainable future.
- Competitive salary
- Workplace pension
- Employee share option program (so you can own a piece of the company!)
- Flexible working options (both location and times)
- 25 days’ holiday, plus bank holidays and a half day off on your birthday
- Training and development
- Team workshops and regular social events
- Opportunities for global travel (post-lockdown!)
We believe in equal opportunities
It takes a diverse and inclusive community of passionate, talented and committed people to build a system to enable commerce to be a force for good. We’re an equal opportunity employer, so we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, with different outlooks and experiences. We are well set up for collaborative remote working, with the full team working from home in the UK and other cities in Europe during the current lockdown.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Submit your CV and cover letter by emailing us at email@example.com