Provenance is using tech to power the transparency movement – helping brands bring their supply chain and the social and environmental impact behind products to shoppers. Our mission is to enable more conscious, fair, and low-impact consumption.
We are looking for a Sustainability Strategy Manager to deliver and shape Provenance’s pioneering Transparency Program for global brands in the CPG and Retail sectors. We help our clients understand the commercial opportunity of being an open and honest brand – sharing their supply chain and sustainability initiatives to build shopper trust and brand value.
Reporting into our Head of Enterprise, you’ll work directly with clients to shape the strategic opportunity for transparency within their business and support them in implementing the Provenance software platform. We work collaboratively with our clients’ teams across sustainability and supply chain, through to marketing and sales. A key part of this role will be helping clients maximise internal and external value from executing product-level supply chain and impact transparency at scale.
This is an exciting role for someone keen to move to working for a purpose driven organisation at an early growth stage – working with leading consumer goods brands on a strategic and future-facing imperative.
Working as a Sustainability Strategy Manager at Provenance, you will:
- Consult clients on their strategy and approach to supply chain and impact transparency, bringing with you an understanding of sustainability issues within the FMCG industry
- Lead on workshop design, delivery and program management; engaging and influencing stakeholders across Sustainability, Brand, Marketing and Sourcing teams
- Conduct stakeholder interviews to shape understanding of commercial priorities and constraints, as well as existing sustainability initiatives and data systems
- Be responsible for the day-to-day execution and management of the program of work, with responsibility for all client-facing deliverables
- Working with our Product team, establish a deep understanding of our clients’ operations, systems & data points (e.g. certifications, audits, verification, sustainability reporting) to inform technical decisions and integration requirements for software implementation
- Gather and translate client requirements and insights to inform product development
- Continually iterate on the Provenance Transparency Program, to inspire our customers and drive change
- Working closely with our Account Manager and Product leads to ensure long-term client success on the Provenance platform
You’re looking for a role that brings purpose to your day job. You have a passion for sustainability, an interest in future-facing technologies and enabling commerce as a force for good.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Commercial experience as a consultant, sustainability manager or business analyst (3-5 years), working with top tier FMCG brands
- Proven experience leading or facilitating client workshops with senior stakeholders
- Proven experience managing complex stakeholder groups, conducting interviews and effectively managing multi-stakeholder sensitivities
- Strong program management and project execution experience essential
- Analytical, data-oriented and comfortable manipulating data sets
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, enjoy solving complex problems
- Experience of digital transformation and software implementation would be an advantage
- An adaptable self-starter who thrives in new situations and enjoys the pace of a dynamic start-up environment
- Competitive salary
- Employee share option program (so you can own a piece of the company!)
- Workplace pension
- Flexible working options (both location and times)
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and a half day off on your birthday
- Wellbeing fund dedicated to your mental and physical health
- Learning and development budget to support your career growth (e.g. courses, conferences, workshops)
- Free, sustainably-sourced fresh fruit, snacks, tea/coffee, beers & wine in the office (for when we return to our Hoxton loft office!)
- Team workshops, demos and regular social events
We believe in equal opportunities
It takes a diverse and inclusive community of passionate, talented and committed people to build a system to enable commerce to be a force for good. We’re an equal opportunity employer, so we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, with different outlooks and experiences. We are well set up for collaborative remote working, with the full team working from home in the UK and other cities in Europe during the current lockdown.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Submit your CV and cover letter through Workable.