Provenance is using tech to power the transparency movement – helping brands bring their supply chain and the social and environmental impact behind products to shoppers, enabling more conscious, fair, and low-impact consumption.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our rapidly expanding Product and Engineering team to help us build the leading B2B2C SaaS product in supply chain and impact transparency. You will provide technical leadership and help influence product strategy: you’ll do this by refining the system architecture, helping to define product features, and using best practice to enable the best quality end product. You will work on engineering problems around usability, scalability and privacy, working with some of the world’s leading consumer goods brands and retailers. You will define, build and maintain a dynamic and extensible platform that helps enterprises connect, evidence and surface supply chain information to create delightful and informative shopper-facing experiences.
Working as a Senior Software Engineer at Provenance you will:
- Define and build new features throughout the stack and integrations with blockchain tech and other services
- Be involved throughout the product life cycle, from idea generation, design, and prototyping to execution, and shipping
- Collaborate closely with technical and non-technical counterparts to understand our customers’ problems and build products that solve them
- Have a solid understanding of the various architectures and components of modern, scalable web application stacks
- Communicate complex technical concepts and solutions to team mates, customers and our wider engaged community of organisations and individuals
- Take a lean, test-driven approach to solving problems
- Proactively look for ways to improve our processes, software quality and maintainability
- Continually build on your skillset to apply the best technology to solve a given problem
- Circle CI, Heroku, AWS, GitHub
- We favour open-source technologies, write tests and run continuous integration, and review each other’s code through pull requests.
Ideally, you would be familiar with these technologies or similar patterns, however we are more interested in your ability to write clean, effective code and learn new languages quickly than of specific tools or libraries. Our software is constantly evolving, so we need engineers who are also looking to apply the best technology to solve a given problem.
You’re looking for a role that brings purpose to your day job. You believe in the potential for technology to help solve systemic challenges and enable positive change for people and planet. You have a strong track record of designing and building software systems using agile methodologies.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Experience distilling complex product requirements into deliverable features
- Comfortable developing new features or refactoring legacy code as needed, including new technologies and refining effective testing strategies as you go
- Experience designing and architecting scalable, web-based systems that solve real business problems
- Solid understanding of the various architectures and components of modern, scalable web application stacks
- You will need to be able to communicate complex technical concepts and solutions to team-mates, and occasionally customers and our wider engaged community of organisations and individuals
- Ability to pick up new ideas, concepts and technologies quickly
- Experience working in lean, iterative ways to create software from the ground up
- Interest in future-facing technologies and desire to contribute to building a more sustainable future.
- Competitive salary
- Workplace pension
- Employee share option program (so you can own a piece of the company!)
- Flexible working options (both location and times)
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and a half day off on your birthday
- Wellbeing fund dedicated to the mental and physical health of our team
- MacBook Pro or similar
- Learning and development budget to support your career growth (e.g. courses, conferences, workshops)
- Free, sustainably-sourced fresh fruit, snacks, tea/coffee, beers & wine in the office
- Regular team workshops, demos and regular social events
We believe in equal opportunities
It takes a diverse and inclusive community of passionate, talented and committed people to build a system to enable commerce to be a force for good. We’re an equal opportunity employer, so we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, with different outlooks and experiences. We are well set up for collaborative remote working, with the full team working from home in the UK and other cities in Europe during the current lockdown.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org