Provenance is using tech to power the transparency movement – helping brands bring their supply chain and the social and environmental impact behind products to shoppers. We believe that every great product should come with Provenance: accessible, trustworthy information about origin, journey and impact. Our customers are leading global enterprises and fast-growing independent brands and retailers in food, drink, beauty and fashion, where we believe we can drive the greatest change.
Our product is a SaaS platform enabling brands to publish their product’s origin, journey and social and environmental impact - in a way that can be trusted - across multiple digital channels.
We are looking for a UI/UX Designer to join our Product team. You’ll bring creative ideas, a sensitivity for how people use digital products and excellent design execution skills. Provenance recognises our success is dependent on enabling our customers to create great published experiences - this will be at the heart of your role. Therefore a passion for sustainability is a must. You’ll be working with a small, innovative and creative team with backgrounds in content, product, sustainability and software engineering to pioneer the future of commerce as a force for good.
As the UI/UX designer in the team, you will be
- Supporting the Lead Designer with User Interface design and implementation
- Maintaining and expanding the design system and component library to fit the needs of the product and help streamline implementation
- Creating pixel perfect UI design, ready for build
- Creating wireframes and quick mockups of user interfaces and user interactions
- Working closely with the Product team, contributing to feature discovery, ideation, user research, development and implementation processes
- Championing intuitive user interactions and great interface design solutions
- Involved in planning, preparing and conducting user research, usability testing and user interviews
- Generating clickthrough prototypes
- Working with developers on the implementation of UI design
- Implementing and advancing the PROVENANCE brand visually in UI design but also other externally facing brand assets like presentations and demos
- Devise efficient workflow practices for designing, prototyping and handing over assets for product build
You’re looking for a role that brings purpose to your day job. You have an interest in future-facing technologies and believe in the potential for technology to help solve systemic challenges and enable positive change for people and planet. You have a strong track record of designing user interfaces using agile methodologies. You have a background in or talent for graphic design and are keen to get involved in creating other visual assets outside of UI design.
- 3+ years experience as a User Interface Designer in a B2C environment, agency or startup with a strong technology offer
- Outstanding design skills with a focus on UI design and managing design systems
- A great eye for user interface considerations, attention to detail, combined with a good understanding of functional usability
- Experience with responsive and mobile first user interface and user experience design
- Experience with Figma
- Knowledge of other design tools (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite)
- Keeping up to date in consumer facing digital design trends and innovative UI/UX solutions
- Familiarity with graphic design and ability to generate visuals beyond a UI context (e.g. presentations, demos, branding assets, etc.)
- Familiarity with user research processes
- Experience in making complex information clear and understandable
- Creativity and Problem solving capabilities
- Proficient communication skills, both written and verbal
- Understanding of and passion for social impact and sustainability is highly desirable
- Eager to collaborate and brainstorm to contribute to the bigger picture
- Experience working in small teams, executing and iterating quickly
- Competitive salary
- Workplace pension
- Employee share option program (so you can own a piece of the company!)
- Flexible working options (both location and times)
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and a half day off on your birthday
- Wellbeing fund dedicated to the mental and physical health of our team
- Learning and development budget to support your career growth (e.g. courses, conferences, workshops)
- Regular team workshops, demos and regular social events
- We are proudly Certified B-Corp and an Escape the City Top 100 winner. Read more on our mission here.
We believe in equal opportunities
It takes a diverse and inclusive community of passionate, talented and committed people to build a system to enable commerce to be a force for good. We’re an equal opportunity employer, so we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, with different outlooks and experiences. We are well set up for collaborative remote working, with the full team working from home in the UK and other cities in Europe during the current pandemic.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Submit your CV, portfolio and cover letter through Workable.