Location: Kings Cross, London
Responsible to: CTO
Contract: Part-time freelance (initially 1-2 days per week). This contract is flexible, subject to your availability.
Rate: £350 per day
Equal opportunities: Provenance is dedicated to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Provenance empowers brands to increase trust, using revolutionary technologies for greater supply chain transparency. Our software lets businesses bring the origin and histories of products to the point of sale, with a mission to help us all make positive choices about what to buy.
We’re looking for a Ruby on Rails developer to help develop new features, improve usability and conversion, and help build a product that is useful to a range of consumer types. You’ll be supporting our designers and developers in providing an excellent user experience, and engaging new stakeholders in food and beverage, fashion and lifestyle, among other industries.
This is a brilliant opportunity for a passionate, collaborative individual to join a startup in London, where you’ll contribute to building the future of brand trust.
Your role will include:
- Ruby development experience (minimum 3 years) using Rails
- Experience building both full Rails apps and API
- RDBMS backed applications (Postgres, MySQL etc)
- TDD / BDD using RSpec and Capybara
- Interested in working with the blockchain (Ethereum)
- Working in sprints
Who we are looking for:
- A motivated team player eager to learn and apply new skills to the role
- As you’ll be reporting to the CTO and working closely with our designers, front-end developer and blockchain developer, you’ll be comfortable working both autonomously and as part of a team
- Someone who shares our mission and is excited by what we’re doing
- Someone collaborative and pragmatic
- Someone who is just as happy hacking something to test an idea as they are crafting a difficult solution that will provide users with the best possible experience
For immediate hire – apply today:
Please write us a short paragraph on why you reckon you’d like to work at Provenance and why what we do matters to you (max 200 words). Please also share examples of your work and your public social media accounts.
Get in touch here: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Ruby Developer