Small businesses can now get started on Provenance for free to share what’s great about their business and supply chain with shoppers that want to know more.
I set up Provenance for a simple reason – I wanted to know more about the things I buy. We don’t get many chances to vote these days, but when companies are more powerful than governments, you can’t take for granted the votes you make every day with your wallet.
Do you want to support small, independent brands? What about locally-run businesses? Would you rather not buy plastic? I’m sure some of you would love a way to know that we’re never supporting slavery. What about only supporting businesses doing their bit to stop climate change?
I’m an engineer, so I tackled this problem through technology. Provenance has been working for over 5 years with businesses to help them become more transparent and prove the things that matter most about their business, products and supply chain.
Now, we are turning to you – our community of shoppers, to help us grow a movement for more trustworthy transparency. We want to help you discover great businesses and products. We want to help great businesses prove their impact and communicate their initiatives so you can support them every step of the way.
After a successful shopper event last summer, we are now taking steps to enable more shopper-facing transparency:
- You can discover brands via provenance.org/explore
- You can sign up to our newsletter featuring curated collections to help you find brands and products that match your values every month
- We’re even working towards developing an app so you can discover by location and browse easier – join the co-creation process.
To be successful in helping you shop with the information you can trust we need your help:
- Forward this blog post – help Provenance reach more people that care about buying from honest businesses
- Invite brands (or any business that makes or sells something) to join Provenance and start being transparent in a trustworthy way – it’s free for them to get started.
- Browse and give us feedback – the shopper facing side of Provenance is still very much in development – how can we make it better for you?
Suggested tweets and social posts for inviting brands:
I demand transparency. Calling all brands to join me in verifying the impact and stories behind the things they make: provenance.org/explore
I care about the impact the things I buy. [TAG BRAND], join me in the #TransparencyMovement by verifying the journey and impact of your products with @ProvenanceHQ: provenance.org/explore
Together we can enable every purchase to have a positive impact on your health, the planet and communities near and far. Join us.