Join a smart motivated team building digital tools and services that enable transparency in product supply chains. We have a strong social mission to create a positive way forward for commerce – making positive impact a key driver of what we buy. We are looking for a talented engineer to join our product team.
Provenance is looking for a full-time Software Engineer (Blockchain) with experience in designing and building software systems. We need someone to lead and contribute to tech decisions, design, development and architecture; playing a key role in the creation of high-quality applications and technical solutions.
This is a brilliant opportunity for a passionate, collaborative individual with an interest in sustainability and future facing technologies to join a fast growing startup in East London, where you’ll contribute to building the future of brand trust.
Provenance is an early pioneer of blockchain tech, so if you have experience here that’s great, but is not an essential. – You will learn about blockchain and distributed ledger technology, and become part of a company using blockchain applications to improve the lives of people and our planet.
If you have excellent organisation and problem solving skills, with experience in software development and agile methodologies – we’d love to hear from you!
Provenance empowers brands to increase trust, using revolutionary technologies for greater supply chain transparency. Our software enables businesses to bring the origin, journey and social and environmental impact of products to the point of sale. At Provenance, we envision a future where every great product comes with accessible, verifiable information about the people, places and materials behind its creation, helping us all make positive choices about the things we buy. More on our mission here.
We are committed to growing a diverse team with equal opportunities for all. A handful of us work remotely from within the UK, and from other cities in Europe.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Developing high quality, robust and scalable solutions for our SaaS product
- Working with the product team to develop an in-depth knowledge of the existing systems and taking an active role in developing our technology to support the growth and ambition of the business
- Working with researchers and business analysts across a range of projects with global businesses and organisations to design ways that Provenance technology can enable transparency in global supply chains
- Work alongside project managers and solution architects to scope out and deliver new ways of developing the product.
- Taking an active part in – and occasionally facilitating– workshops with customers, partners, often as part of a sales process.
- Creating simple prototypes to test and communicate ideas both internally and with client and partner organisations
- Creating clean, effective code that conditions our product and protects it from bugs
- Working with the CTO and technical team to maintain a strategy and roadmap for the technical aspects of the business, in particular developing our pragmatic approach to the role that distributed technologies play in our evolving platform
- Keeping an active eye on the fast-developing ecosystem of approaches, tools and frameworks that can help us solve challenges around identity, privacy and scalability
- Working as part of the product team to develop user-focused enhancements to our platform
- Experience designing and architecting scalable, web-based systems that solve real business problems
- Good understanding of the various architectures and components of modern, scalable web application stacks
- Experience building blockchain-based systems is a plus (familiarity with Ethereum is advantageous)
- Great communication skills: you will need to communicate complex technical concepts and solutions to team mates, customers and our wider engaged community of organisations and individuals
- Ability to pick up new ideas, concepts and technologies quickly
- Solid experience working in lean, iterative ways to create software from the ground up
- Experience working in supply chain businesses would be useful, but not essential
- Belief in the potential for technology to help solve systemic problems
- Belief in the opportunities for public blockchains to be a force for good
- Pragmatic approach to introducing open, distributed technology as a part of an established, growing technology business
- Lean, test-driven approach to solving problems
- Open to new or unfamiliar technologies
- Active interest in technological developments
- Opportunities for global travel
- 25 days’ holiday
- Working directly with businesses and organisations trying to make global supply chains fairer and more sustainable
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working options (both location and times)
- Team workshops and regular social events
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee share option program
Apply via Workable here