Location: Provenance HQ, Kings Cross
Reporting to: CEO
Contract: Full-time position starting as soon as possible
Equal opportunities: Provenance is dedicated to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Provenance is looking for a digital product and service designer, with an interest in sustainability and future facing technologies. This role will work across our software product and projects with our clients to formulate strategies and design systems and products building on our platform. It’s a client facing role, so you must be comfortable leading workshops and liaising with clients to understand their requirements.
This is an exciting and challenging role within the team, supporting product prototyping and enterprise research, with both external and internal facing activity. You will be the main point of contact for our clients and empower the team to produce top level innovative thinking.
Provenance is working at the intersection of physical and digital along product supply chains (mostly in food, drinks, but also fashion and furniture) so a love of how things are made, and a keen interest in sustainability / social and environmental impact in the creation of physical products is a big plus. Experience in interaction design, creative technology, designing technology enabled systems and rapid prototyping them will set you up for success in this role.
Provenance empowers great brands to increase trust in their products, using revolutionary technologies for greater supply chain transparency. Our software lets businesses bring the origin, journey and impact of products to the point of sale, with a social mission to help us all make positive choices about what to buy.
We are working with hundreds of other small retailers and brands and are in partnership with many certifiers.
Responsibilities of the Digital Product and Service Designer role include:
- Designing solutions for clients based on our core technology, but also bringing new approaches and ideas
- Working with clients and internal stakeholders to lead the successful execution of projects (including, design and strategy workshops and pilots), working to achieve the best outcome which aligns with client commercial goals and internal product strategy
- Facilitating discovery workshops and lead field research, documenting output to a high standard
- Eliciting, validating and managing business requirements – both functional and non-functional
- Challenging, verifying and documenting business assumptions so that the delivered solutions are grounded in market and user needs
- Being the heart of the team collaborating across a series of projects, ensuring that deliverables are aligned to valid, verified, prioritised requirements
Skills and requirements we are looking for:
- Experience of being a Creative Technologist / Digital Product or Service Designer / Senior Business Analyst in an agency or startup with a strong technology offer
- A solid track record working with senior business stakeholders and corporate clients
- A high level of exposure to supply chains or how products are made is a plus
- An ability to prioritise work across multiple projects
- Understanding of process design, data modelling and engineering
- Experience across the full project lifecycle in both Waterfall and Agile environments
- Ability to delegate and guide the work of others, mentoring more junior members of staff as required
- Demonstrable leadership skills, delivering focus and gravitas to project
- Ability to digest complex information
- Excellent standard of written and verbal communications skills (English) with the ability to document requirements without ambiguity
- Positive energetic attitude and ability to resolve disputes and challenges
- Commercial acumen
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information and risks to non-technical users
- Service related focus with the ability to place oneself in the position of the customer to understand their concerns and issues
- Working directly with businesses and organisations trying to make global supply chains fairer and more sustainable. Social impact is core to the business.
- Competitive salary
- Opportunities for global travel if desired
- Flexible working options (both location and times)
- Team workshops and regular social events
- Training and development opportunities
- Working with cutting edge technologies – part of building the future 🙂
- Employee share option program (meaning you get to own some of the company)
We are committed to growing a diverse team with equal opportunities for all. A handful of us work remotely from within the UK, and from other cities in Europe.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV with a cover letter (including a small paragraph on why you would like to work at Provenance) with the subject line “Digital Product and Service Designer” to firstname.lastname@example.org