Location: Kings Cross, London
Reporting to: CTO
Contract: Full time starting ASAP (permanent and freelance considered)
Equal opportunities: Provenance is dedicated to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This is an amazing opportunity for an experienced Product Designer to invent a future where every great product comes with accessible, trustworthy information about its origin, journey and impact. This is your chance to take a lead position in designing a cutting-edge digital product with potential for huge, global positive impact, working with a small, but mighty, team in the heart of London.
Along with our smart, dynamic team of designers and developers you will be responsible for proposing and delivering brand new features and improvements to all areas of the product, from valuable onboarding experiences and easy data management to compelling, trustworthy presentation of that data to shoppers.
This role is perfect for a designer that’s looking for the chance to build something totally new and take ownership of the design direction. This role will be hugely varied from system design and blue sky brainstorms to designing details and small interactions.
Provenance empowers brands to increase trust, using revolutionary technologies for greater supply chain transparency. Our software lets brands bring the origin and histories of products to the point of sale. At Provenance, we envision a future where every great product comes with accessible, verifiable information about its history and creation, helping us all make positive choices about the things we buy.
We are a social enterprise and our mission is to make product supply chains more transparent. Strengthening honest business as a force for good is important to each of us. We are committed to growing a diverse team with equal opportunities for all. A handful of us work remote from within the UK, and from other cities in Europe. The product team is a multi-disciplinary team of designers and developers working in sprints, and in close collaboration with the rest of the company.
- A hint of Service Design: working with different types of users across physical and digital touch-points
- A little Product Strategy: using data, feedback and your own experience to invent and prioritise the valuable improvements and features
- Loads of UX: designing intuitive experiences that make it simple for businesses to use our platform to be more transparent
- A fair amount of UI: presenting sometimes complex supply chain data to consumers in beautiful and compelling ways
- Helping to shape and develop our UI style kit
- Bringing the latest thinking and best practices to the table for discussion as to further our users’ experience of the product.
- Be comfortable working in agile sprints delivering continuous small improvements.
Who we’re looking for:
- 4+ years experience designing digital products and services – ideally some of which was spent on a B2B Software as a service (SaaS) product
- Experience using analytics data and user feedback to lead design decisions
- Ability to work with complex data and a flair for communicating it in clear and compelling ways
- Comfortable learning about and understanding technical concepts (e.g. smart tags and blockchains)
- As you’ll be reporting to the CTO and working closely with our designers and developers, you’ll be comfortable working both autonomously and as part of a cross-discipline team.
- Someone who is just as happy hacking something to test an idea as they are crafting a difficult solution that will provide users with the best possible experience
- Someone who shares our mission and is passionate about tech as a force for good
- Strong opinions about how products should be designed and built but with a collaborative and pragmatic approach.
- Getting stuck in to projects and keen to offer up knowledge and skills to other team members is a must.
- Keeping up with developments in the industry to make sure we’re using the latest ideas and best practices
- A lean approach to product development, prioritising experiments to help learning over blindly adding features
How to apply:
- Portfolio of your work
- A short introduction explaining why you would like the job
- Some examples of digital products you currently like or admire
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Lead Product Designer. Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits.