This business has implemented – and/or provided monetary or in-kind donations to – projects or initiatives supporting biodiversity conservation in its supply chain, as a means to mitigate its footprint on biodiversity.
Sustainable Development Goals
Proof Point LevelProduct Business
- The project must be in the business's sphere of influence – it must impact the environment in which the goods are produced (e.g. a farm)
- Practices implemented by the business must be implemented within the production supply chain
- Practices must target material impact on biodiversity.
- Contributions to external projects must have been made in the last 12 months or the practices must have been active ine the last 12 months
- Disclose information about the project or practices and specify exactly what benefit they provide to nature/biodiversity
- Disclose whether they have assessed their impact on biodiversity
- The business should aim to disclose its full impact on biodiversity, and state any relevant areas that they are not currently targeting.
Evidence should strongly support the claim and will be made publicly available
- Program/project report
- Program/project website (must be separate from the brand's)
Verifiers are third parties who can confirm the validity of a given Proof Point
- NGO or charity
- Implementation partner
International Union for Conservation of Nature - Business & Biodiversity